Fri, Feb 24|
Zephyr Point, Lake Tahoe
Join us in Tahoe for Rest, Food, Listening, Scripture, Worship, Snow, and Friendship at this year's Men's Retreat called "Meet Me On The Page". We're wrestling with how God encounters us through the Bible. Bring your questions and your stories, and come for a delightful time together.
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2023, 5:30 PM – Feb 26, 2023, 12:00 PM
Zephyr Point, Lake Tahoe, Zephyr Point, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448, USA
About the Event
This Men's Retreat is part of our retreat rhythm. Because we've experienced the health of pausing our normal activities and giving our full attention to listen to God and seek him, we pull away for half-days, weekends with just a few people, and weekends in large all-church retreats like this one.
We're calling our retreat "Meet Me On The Page" and we're wrestling with how God encounters us through the Bible. The Bible is a big book with verses that are wonderful, weird, and even worrisome (#alliteration) . We'll talk about what the Bible really is, how it was formed, how God encounters us through it, and consider some best practices for people who want to know God more.
Our own College-Life-Famous Stanford Gibson and Peter Nittler are teaching, Goziem Anisiobi and company will lead our time of singing and prayer, and we'll enjoy God's gifts of food, friendship, and rest in beautiful Lake Tahoe. There will be plenty coffee conversations, adventure opportunities, and times for solitude.
We're praying that this retreat will help everyone encounter God and live a Jesus-shaped life.
Here are the details:
- Zephyr Point is right on the shores of Lake Tahoe. The views are stunning!
- Dinner is at 6pm on Friday, and we'll be done just before lunch on Sunday
- Linens are provided
- Bring a Bible, pen, and notebook
- Bring anything you need for optional adventures like snow shoeing, skiing, coffee shop hangouts, board game playing, polar bear swimming, etc.
- Rooms sleep two or three
- Zephyr Point raised their prices considerably, which is reflected in our retreat fee. But don't let the cost keep you from coming. There are guys in our church who can afford the cost and also contribute extra for our scholarship fund, so scholarships are available!
If you have any questions, contact Neil Redenbaugh - email@example.com, 530.761.3289