Christ Caring for People through People
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
When you or someone you know is in need of care, Stephen Ministry can help. Our mission is to give spiritual and emotional encouragement by confidentially bearing another's burden in Christ's love. If you are going through a crisis and want to connect with a Stephen Minister, or if you want to go through training to become a Stephen Minister, please Contact a Confidential Caregiver (Stephen Minister) at .
FBC's Stephen Ministry is...
- About caring - According to experts, the average American family will experience a moderate to severe difficulty every three to four years. As Christians, we know that Christ has called the church family to care for one another in times of need. Stephen Ministry is integral to that ministry of care here at FBC. We thank God that we now have Stephen Ministers to help fulfill this important ministry in our church.
- A One-on-One Ministry that matches our trained Stephen Ministers with a care receiver of the same gender. The core values of our Stephen Ministry include Confidentiality, ongoing supervision, and making sure to remain focused on the process of giving emotional and spiritual encouragement while helping bear another's burden. Those receiving care can be sure that their identity and what goes on in the caring relationship will remain private.
- Supported enthusiastically by the Pastors and Elders of our church family. Already in our short history with Stephen Ministry, we have seen tremendous growth in the lives of people who have participated in this vital caregiving ministry. Both the caregivers (Stephen Ministers) and care receivers have benefited greatly from this ministry which seeks to provide comfort and encouragement to those in need (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). Stephen Ministry is a biblically based ministry that is interdenominational and international in scope (www.stephenministries.org).
Stephen Ministry was recently featured on PBS! Watch the video (or read the transcript) on the PBS web site.
What does a Stephen Minister do?
- Keeps confidence
- Walks beside a hurting person
Stephen Ministers are NOT...
- Problem solvers
- Casual visitors
Who may need a Stephen Minister?
People who are dealing with:
- Illness / hospitalization
- Chronic illness
- An ill family member
- Family frustrations & challenges
- Moving transitions
- Death or serious loss
- Pregnancy / adoption
- A disability
- A disabled family member
- Terminal illness
- Job Loss
- Financial setbacks
- Aging and elderly
- Faith issues
- Major changes in their lives
- Upcoming or recent graduation
- Other concerns
Contact a Confidential Caregiver (Stephen Minister) at